Monday, May 18, 2009

Written - May 12th - Q and A time

This is in responce to some questions I got on another site:

Where are you going to store everything? clothes? foodstuffs? toiletries? paper supplies?

We will store most of our stuff in the 10 by 17 foot tent we got. We will put the fridge and the microwave in there. Along with a table, chairs and such for rainy days. The food storage stuff will go in there as well. The clothes will be in the dresser you see in the photos and any extra will be stored in the tent. We are putting our toiletries in some baskets we now use for the bathroom here. We are reusing as much as we can. We are putting in there toothbrushes, face wash, tooth paste, a washcloth, some soap and such. And when we head up to the bathrooms we will take those along. The came site does have washrooms with showers in them so that's a big help. As far as paper supplies go, I'm not sure we will need much. We are going to bring along papertowel and tissues but those will be kept in the big tent with a box or so in the trailer itself.

Is there storage under your table seats? Do you have a fridge at all since you removed the kitchenette?

There is some storage under the table seats. The one farthest from the door has some sleeping bags and blankets in it now as well as the electrical unit and some locks for the computer. The other one (closest to the door) has camp chairs and my hamock in there right now. Once we clean it out (when we are set up) we will most likely put in some craft and games in there for rainy days. I'm hoping to make that area my 'library' of my books and such for reading.

as for the window shades on the end. Put tabs of velcro on the inside and outside that you can attach strips of ribbon to then roll the shades down and velcro.

That;s a great idea! Thanks for the suggestions. I took that idea to my grandma and we came up with some good ones.

I have a few new photos but this computer I"m using is so old I can't get the camera hooked up on it. Hopefully I can get them up soon.

We got new dishes this weekend. Green, Red, yellow and blue! Everything came in sets of 4 and we got all 4 colours in cups and plates and only 3 colours in bowls (I have some more bowls already). I got everything washed up and took some photos of it yesterday. Todays goal is to clean up the kitchen and pack it up! We will use our camping dishes from now until Friday. Hopefully I can get it done!

This past Tuesday (so a week ago), my girlfriend and I went out to IKEA and looked at some curtins for me to get for the trailer. She told me she had a set from IKEA so she gave them to me! They are red with flecks of white in it. Very nice! Anyway... I got them from her on Tuesday and brought it home to my grandma along with some other stuff. I sat down with her and we talked about what I wanted and she got right to work. I LOVE her! She made me the panel for the front door (the canvas has almost shrunk on one side). It has 2 strips of velcro on it one on either side and it conects the doors together. It has alot of give still but I like it that way! She also managed to get the curtin done for the boys side. When we got home on Sunday I sat down with the velcro and worked on getting it hung up! IT looks pretty good if I do say so myself I'll take a photo of it soon. She is also working on making me 2 curtins for the back windows I seriously love this woman! She has been so wonderful! She is going to get it done for Friday so I can get my parents to bring it up with them. I"ll attach it with velcro as well. It's really exciting to see it get some 'homey' touches!

Aside from all the things going on we have a 'trailer' bucket. I fill it up daily, sometimes twice a day, and get everything moved out to it. I put in all the stuff I want to go out there to help me clean up a bit, and to get the things out of the house. So yesterday I had it filled to the brim. DH brought it out around 10pm last night. Then I walked around the house and worked on it again and almost had it filled up before I went to bed. I"m going to bring it out later this morning and 'dump' it again and try to find a place for everything. I'm also going to work on getting the rest of the laundry done (redoing some sheets and stuff).

Wow I can't believe how close we are to moving! I'm praying there is nice weather this weekend, please pray the same thing. Right now it looks like it might rain on Saturday, and that would seriously suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment