Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 1 Day 4 - Monday, May 18th Part 2

So far so good! It’s cold but we are doing ok. Once Arnold got back from his shower the boys started to wake up, mind you it took like 30 minutes for them to get out of bed! We just hung around until about 5:20 or so then we headed upstairs with everyone in the van. We all waited for the taxi and said our goodbyes. It was hard (I’m not going to lie) and as always I was crying but I swear with these little kids around you can’t be sad for long.


On our way back to the trailer the boys were looking out the window and K puts his head out the window and his tongue out and starts panting like a dog. I had to laugh. He told me he was BOLT!

We got back to the campsite and I started supper ASAP. I figured if I had something to do I wouldn’t be so emotional. I made meatballs, and spaghetti! Wow was it good! The boys did a great job playing around while I made supper.


Just before supper I had them get some soap and I got their hands washed. We have one of those hanging shower things. You put the water in them and let the sun heat it up. Well We just lay it on the table and use it for washing hands and feet. It stays warm for along time! I had the boys get their soap and I washed their hands and arms a bit and they sat down to eat. Once the pasta was done I put the kettle on to get some warm water for the dishes.


We sat down and ate. I finished first and started the dishes and got them all cleaned up and let them air dry (note to self, may not be such a smart idea, I think we are getting some extra protein with the bugs that landed on them when wet and couldn’t get off). Once the boys finished their supper as well we all headed out to the garbage cans. We got rid of the garbage and of some recycle we had lying around. It was a nice little walk and I can see doing that with the boys every night. Kyler was on his bike that his Papa found and put on some training wheels this weekend and Q was on his blue bike that he pedals and you push.


When we got back we started our fire! Papa had made bacon again this morning (at Kyler’s request that he go to the “Bacon store” and get some for this weekend) and he put the grease on the fire! So I figured instead of having a bunch of animals over here I might as well get the fire going. Arnold and I had salvaged some wood from another site earlier and I used that to start the fire. We got a huge fire FAST. The boys were oh so very impressed with their mommy. Then it kind of simmered down. I’m going to have to work on my fire making skills.


Once the fire was over (around 8:30pm or so) I had everything put away and we were just waiting for Daddy’s plane to go overhead. And wouldn’t you know it they must have cleared the airspace! I swear! For a campsite that must have seen at least 5 to 10 airplanes every hour or so we didn’t see ONE for about 45 minutes! I was shocked! Finally we saw one and Kyler announced he had to go poop in the big potty upstairs. So off we trekked (I grabbed the toothbrushes and a washcloth before leaving) and we made our way up the stairs. He tried to go but nothing… again! Hopefully this kid gets his motions sorted out soon.


We did manage to wash up Q’s feet, hands and face. As well as Kyler’s hands and face and we got the cloth wet to do his feet when we got home. I also got them to brush their teeth and let me do it as well so I now know that all those marshmallows they had at the campfire are at least mostly off their teeth.


On our way back we saw a raccoon in the garbage. It was scared of us. Good thing though because K was scared of it so it worked out rather well. We got back and headed to bed. After much squirming and fussing I think they are finally asleep. Only 1 hour after getting in there.

Random things for today:

-Must find a new lighter. There are 4 at home in a box I have to get

-need to find a pen. I’m missing writing out my lists, and things that I need to get from home (see above)

-my hands and skin are SOOO try! It’s crazy how dry you get so fast! I’m not sure I can handle it all summer. Any suggestions on a good lotion?

-When we were at the campfire I told the bugs to go away then Kyler yells: Hey Bugs! Don’t bug us! Just go home and have a sleep! Ok? Ok! The people a few spots down were giggling at him.

The Fireworks are just ending (more bangs in a row than before) so it’s my cue to head to bed. I’ll write more tomorrow, and maybe by then I’ll have the photos finished loaded!

Happy May Long Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment