Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 1 Day 3 - Sunday, May 17th

Our family made it through the rainy day and onto another cold but sunny day.

Sunday morning we woke up and as told the night before, Nana and Papa were sleeping in (my parents). So we got up with the kids around 7am. DH put on a movie for them in our bed and I went up to the washroom. I am kind of dreading this week when I have to not only go pee in the morning but con 2 little children into coming with me. I’m worried they won’t want to come, no matter what I say.

When I got back my parents were waking up and I stopped in to say hi. I got a nice cold jolt (aka Diet Coke) and visited for a while with Mom while Dad got the things ready for our bacon, eggs, and toast breakfast. It was perfect! I went over and made sure my crew was getting dressed, finished that up with them and sent them over to see Nana and Papa.

Arnold and I sat in the our ‘rain tent’ (from now on I think I’ll be referring to it as the RT) and made a quick list of things we needed to get and meals for the kids and I to make until that Wednesday. Our plans are to go to the house on Wednesday when the piano movers come and get some more food, as well as some of our last minute things. Then we can pick up any more freezer meals to make it to Friday when we go back again to get the paper and do some more laundry.

Once we came up with a quick list we headed to the Bus for breakfast. My dad is the BEST cook ever for things like bacon and eggs. Although my mom let us in on a tip for the eggs; last weekend we had a bridal tea shower and we got half and half and my mom needed to use it up so she put it in the eggs. That explains a few things.

As soon as breakfast was over my parents booted us out the door and we took off for the house. When we got home Arnold called back some people about the fridges and we found one. It was on the other side of town but it worked for us. Arnold took off right then and there and went to get the fridge. I on the other hand got left at home. I made piles of things, storage unit; campground; and parents place. Then I started on the cleaning. I managed to get all the walls done and 1/3 of the baseboards done in the boys room. I’m going to quickly do the floors next weekend when Arnold can watch the boys for a bit for me.

Once I got most of it done I started taking loads of garbage and recycle out to the can and eventually Arnold came home. We did our first load to the storage unit and it all fit! Wow were we surprised. Next time we stop by there I will have to take a picture so you can see how well ‘stocked’ it is. We also have to remember that we put things on TOP of the mattress. If we forget it will come crashing down.

After that Arnold dropped me off at the doors of Canadian Tire and off I went. I got some more ‘flooring’ (aka foamish blocks you use in on the floor in kids rooms), duckys (new bootish things) and some weatherproofing. I managed to get it all and get out of there quickly, which was good. And just as I came out the doors Arnold came from around the corner from filling up our propane tank, which was a good thing because it was empty!

We booked it home and got the next load for the campground and headed out. We went past GR and went up to the grocery store and I got some food as Arnold spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Rogers trying to cancel our internet service. It’s going to be an issue I can tell you that!

I slipped into Shoppers Drug Mart and got our mail from our PO box there and then headed back to the car. My mom called shortly after I got into Shoppers and I found out that they took the boys on a ‘hike’ which turned into a 3 hour hike. Mom said that Kyler must have walked about 4 to 6km! I’m so proud of them. We picked up a ‘treat’ of milkshakes for everyone and headed back to the campground.

We dished out milkshakes and then went outside to do a few things and unload the car. A friend of mine, Kristina, called and wanted to come and visit. So her and her husband and daughter came down to visit us. They stayed for about 1 hour or so. It was nice to have them here. Plus they are staying here when we go to my parents house for my friend’s wedding!

After they left we had a super quick lunch then everyone took an hour nap. Or at least that’s what they were told. My kids were out for at least one hour, almost closer to 2! I got out of the trailer around 5:15pm or so and got the fire started for Kyler. We bi-passed supper for that night. Everyone was so full from the late lunch and we had marshmallows, freedos and whatever else we could find! It was a good meal.

We broke up the fire around 8:15 or so after a washroom break and putting everything away. We brought the boys into their bed and put on a movie for them. Arnold and I got a bit of time on the wireless internet he got set up during the day and eventually we put the boys to bed. They slept like a rock. It really helped that we turned the heater on at 6:30. The tent was toasty warm. A bonus since it went down to 1C! It was freezing! We now have the extra blanket and a few other things to keep us warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment