Saturday, May 23, 2009

Week 2 Day 2 - Saturday, May 23rd - Fire time!

Part 2

Arnold headed home during nap time and he got some things done at the house, including baking some WONDERFUL M&M cookies. I love their stuff! Too bad we can’t do any of it this summer. Oh well.

Kyler and Quinton woke up during the time Arnold was gone so that worked out kind of well. We went for a quick bike ride up to the washrooms and then came back and I laid down while I bribed them with skittles. I am not feeling well. My stomach hurts so much. I blame it on the pizza for lunch. Maybe it was a bit much for me to handle. Who knows? A cup of tea seemed to settle my tummy. I’m so glad my hubby took out the stove for me to use!

Photobucket

While we were making it the people K and Q were ‘watching’ came over to visit. They have a little girl who is 16 months and an older girl who is 5. They had a blast with the kids. The boys and girls played together while their mom and dad set up their trailer. This was their first time taking it out so they needed to concentrate a bit more than usual.

Photobucket

While Arnold started making supper we started our fire. The boys brought out all this paper and Arnold brought up some wood. He figured it would last for a few hours or so but the boys didn’t think so. They made our fire tonight. Got to love it! It took Arnold using a fire stick to get it to start!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Due to the poor kidship on the fire we put them to work (hehe). They got to husk the corn and toss it into the fire. We started out with giving that job to Kyler and somehow he managed to get his brother to do all the work instead of him. Smart kid!

Photobucket

No lie, like 10 seconds later Quinton goes booting into the pool. We don’t know why or what he was thinking but running shoes and all. It was really bad! He knew something was up almost right away and he got out of the pool and DH ran up to him and took off his shoes, and socks. When I asked Q what was wrong he showed me his toes!

Photobucket

After supper Arnold worked a bit on fixing our fan for the RT since it gets hot in there. Here’s a photo of him working hard:

Photobucket

After it was good to go we went for our nightly walk. Kyler bikes his bike kid bike with the recycle and I push Quinton while he practices riding his blue bike and we take the garbage. It’s a good thing Daddy was here today since we had a lot of it. Here are my boys getting ready for our stop:

Photobucket

Once we got back and cleaned up a lot we got out the fun! Tonight we had marshmallows, chocolate covered graham crackers (so good) and some popcorn. Daddy rigged up something to use them on our new fire sticks. It was so cool! He made some GREAT popcorn!

Here is Kyler watching his Daddy make his popcorn and listening to it pop away:

Photobucket

And Quinton modeling our new fire sticks:

Photobucket

And the finished product! It was our excitement for the day! The boys were so happy to be doing something else other than just normal marshmallows!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is our popcorn monster tonight!

Photobucket

By 9:15 or so Arnold started putting the boys to bed and I finished cleaning up the pool and whatnot. Now the little Raccoon thought it would be cool to come and visit me tonight. I stayed at the fire much longer than everyone else… maybe 30 minutes or so. I was trying to take photos of the embers and I was really still since the exposure time was so long. Well he must have thought I wasn’t there and was like 2 feet away from me. I wanted to kick him but I held back. Next time he might not be so lucky!

The boys are going to sleep as I type. They are doing so well with this camping thing and all the noises that are going on outside. Arnold is working on his computer a bit more. I guess the issue they thought they had fixed this morning still needs to be watched… I swear! You would think this was the most important thing (Arnold now tells me it’s up there on that list).

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment