Monday, May 18, 2009

Written - May 14th - The day has finally come!

The day has finally come! We move tomorrow! I'm so surprised how fast things are coming along! I mean we have alot to do in the house but generally things are booking it

Yesterday I was having one of those days. I was so frustrated and I couldn't handle everything. I finally called DH and while whispering into the phone (I lost my voice this week) I asked him to come home. He did about 2 hours later. By then I managed to make him some more lunches, pack up the caned goods and some more randomness! DH came home and emptied our bedroom as well as some buckets of his. It was good to have everything cleaned up and ready to go! I love this feeling, that we are almost ready to move!

Our downside right now is that it says it will rain this weekend while we move. That part sucks ALOT! but what can you do? That and alot of our people who are coming to help us move have now backed out. I'm hoping that we can still get a few of them to come over but we will have to wait and see how it goes. I know our friends who have the truck are helping us move everything (which is good) and we basically need the 'big' stuff moved, after that we are good with just the van.

DH called the campground and found out that we can get in as early as 8am! I think we are going to aim for 9 or 9:30 instead. Then we plan on getting the trailer and tents set up and leave the kids with Mom and Dad for a bit and we will head back home and start cleaning and bringing a few loads of stuff to the storage unit. We have to pack up the beds (I have the plastic covers for them) so hopefully we can get that part done and get them by the door and ready to move. We are going to take out the car seats from the van and put them at the trailer so my parents can take the kids somewhere if needed. We are also going to take out the seats in the van so we can get a few more big things in there. I'm really hoping that most of the 'big' stuff will be done before alot of the people get here.

Next week I plan on being home on Wednesday and Friday so we are going to leave some cleaning supplies and have those ready to go for the last minute problems and such.

Tonight is our last night in this house! Wow, and I can honestly say I"m not going to miss it, that much. I'll miss the 4 hard walls around us but aside from that I"m good

Last night I got the dresser ready in the trailer. I emptied all the 'stuff' from it and packed it full of our clothes. I have a few more clothes from the boys room (I hope to grab those today while they are napping and get them out to the trailer) and then we are generally set! Mind you I got all of DH's clothes (minus his week away which I made him pack for already) in his 1 drawer, then I got most of the boys clothes in their drawers and mine... well what can I say! I'm a girl! I got my clothes in there and in.....2.... garbage bags Thank goodness it all fits somewhat in the trailer. I'm figuring we will have a few boxes under the trailer with things like sweaters and long sleeve shirts and pants and coats. Or in the tent. Who knows.

I know I have been asking alot but please say a prayer for us. We are in the final home stretch and I"m getting a bit scared about things. More so the week I spend without DH. We haven't done it that I was ever alone with the boys before. I mean I spent a month or so with my parents when K was born, and I did do from Feb to June at my parents house but I have always had help. This coming week no help and it's starting to make me worry a bit.

As soon as I get my computer back I'll post photos from before. I did manage to also get the beds made and I got a few cutes photos from the boys pretending to nap in their new beds!

No comments:

Post a Comment