Friday, May 22, 2009

Week 2 Day 1 - Friday, May 22nd - Pools and Fires!

Part 2

Well nap time didn’t last as long as it has this week, which for me sucked. Oh well. Kyler got up first after actually taking a nap and then Q got up but I’m pretty sure Kyler woke him up. I had finished most of my clean (as the pictures showed above) and I figured it was time to do a bit more stuff. Since the boys were up and the sun was out we filled up the pool and had a blast!

At first the boys just wanted to look at it. It was freezing cold! Eventually they thought it was warm enough to go swimming. Kyler was changed into his swimming suit as fast as he could. Quinton, on the other hand, not so fast. In fact after I realized how little we had in the pool I asked if he wanted to go in with his boots on. He was so all for that. So off he went, and soon Kyler thought it was a great idea and followed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did a bit of “PW” stuff for supper. I wanted to use up what we had left over from last night so here it is (missing a step actually, or maybe 2)

Photobucket
Grab everything you need. Pasta sauce, cheese, sugared carrots from last nights supper, chicken breast from last nights supper and rice from last nights supper. To add to it some garlic.

Photobucket
Cut up the carrots and add them to the rice and then add garlic

Photobucket
Shread the chicken and set aside (this way your picky eaters can have some ‘non sauced chicken’.

Photobucket
Mix with the sauce and heat and server over pasta (now in my case it’s a good thing you didn’t’ see the bottom of the container… I’m still getting used to the stove and I burned it!

While we were eating supper Kyler found a ‘floaty thing’ on the table. He picked it up, studied it for a bit and then asked me (no lie) “Is this Tinker bell?” I was trying to figure out what he was saying until I realized… at the beginning of the Tinker bell movie she starts out as one of these floaty things and then becomes a fairy. It was kind of funny.

Photobucket

After supper (well during and before) we had a fire. I can’t find the fire sticks (which isn’t a bad thing since they SUCK and I was going to get new ones but never got around to it) so no roasting marshmallows. Instead I just fed them to the kids. They spent a lot of time running to other campsites beside us finding sticks to add to the fire. Eventually that got boring and they started to lock each other up in the slide.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also played a bit of GLOW Frisbee! It was a blast! We did pretty good I think! Now the boys are all washed up and in bed. I just had to call lights out for them since I’m worried they might burn out the batteries in their frogs again.

Photobucket

I hope everyone has a good night. I’m going to add some photos and head to bed. Arnold should be home soon!! We miss him A LOT!

Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment