Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 1 Day 5 - Tuesday, May 19th Part 2

Part 2

Around 4:45pm I decided that enough was enough and I was STARVING. I was going to stop at McDonalds and get something for lunch but the boys were awake and I didn’t want them to want something as well. I made 2 packs for Mac & Cheese. It looked so good! Just as I was getting the packages out Q woke up and I brought him outside after changing him, since he was naked (yah that’s right. After the zoo and before he threw his huge hissy fit in the car I stripped him of his clothes as it was SO hot). We got some clothes on him and out he went. He was still limping a bit but generally doing ok. I checked out his foot and I couldn’t see anything on it so I think tomorrow I may be calling his Ped. We will see.

Anyway I went and made 2 packs of Mac & Cheese. I was so hungry! Then I put in some hotdogs and figured it would be a good meal. While making supper I got a few other things ready, like the container for the shower water (to wash hands and rinse things), the container for dishes and got all the days dishes ready, and collected garbage and such for our garbage run. It was pretty good. I even managed to fill up the kettle and get it ready to go on after supper was done.

I had to convince K that it was time to get up. It took a bit but I finally did get him going. He got changed and came outside in time to tell me he had to poop really bad. So I quickly closed up the tent and he locked the trailer and we jumped in the car. We drove it to the stairs and K bolted up the stairs. Q and I went after him and when we got up there he comes out of a stall and goes “I peed!” I told him to try and poop because I wasn’t going to do this gain in a few minutes. He went back and tried and he ‘said’ he did it but I’m not sure. He also got himself locked into the stall. K has the same thing as I do. When it doesn’t work and you have tried the normal things he gets frustrated. It took everything I could do to keep him calm and keep Q from running the water in the sink. We finally got him out and I got a big hug! We quickly went back to the van and got back to the campsite in time for the kettle to start whistling at us. (I put it on just before K came out)

I emptied the kettle into the dish container, filled it up again with cold and dumped that in as well. Then I filled it up again and put that back on the stove top. That one was for the kid’s hot water bottles. I’m not sure if I have talked about this before but Saturday night it was SO cold so Nana came up with the idea of putting the kids to bed with water bottles to warm up their beds and them. Wow it worked so well and now they have to have them all the time. I’m slowly figuring out a system that makes it work for us. Right now I think putting boiling water in them at supper time and putting that in their beds is working ok. Especially since by the time they get to bed it’s been a few hours and it is still warm. I’m currently making covers for the water bottles.

We ate supper and I have to say my eyes were bigger than my tummy! I only had 2 bowls and the kids didn’t seem into eating that much, which surprises me since they didn’t eat much during the day. After we were done Kyler was my big helper. He put all the leftovers in the bowls into the garbage, collected the recycle and put it in the car, went around locking and unlocking things and we quickly packed up to head home for a few minutes. Someone had responded to an add that Arnold had put up online and we had to go home to give it to the guy. It worked out ok. We managed to get in our garbage/recycle run and then off we went to the house.

I did a bit of work once we got there, swept out the pink room and cleaned everything else out of there; got the general path of the piano cleaned up; and started to clean the bathroom. Tomorrow we are going back to do some laundry and to bath the boys. I’m hoping we can get everything done generally quickly. It would be nice to be finished everything at the house before Arnold gets home.

Kyler had to go to the washroom when we were at the house and he hasn’t seen it without everything inside and the first thing he says when he goes in the door “Where’s the carpet!” I explained that Daddy and Mommy moved everything to the storage unit. Then he started looking around for the potty seat and I had to tell him that was at the campsite. It took him a bit but he seemed to be ok with it.

Once the man came to pick up the ball and hitch we were selling we went back to the campsite. But since the boys were being so good I figured a treat was in order. We went to Reeds Dairy and got some milkshakes. Then we came home to the trailer. We had milkshakes and got into our pjs and the boys watched Shrek while I got the things loaded into the van for tomorrows early morning trip. The woman who bought the piano is coming over around 7:30am to deliver the rest of the money and I have to be there by then. I set my phone alarm for 6:45 so hopefully it will work and I will remember to get up!

Anyway it is now 9:45pm and the boys are just going to bed. Hopefully this means that tomorrow I will be waking them up rather than them waking me up!

Random thoughts for the day:

-all of us got a tan/burn. Sucky deal!

-I am glad to be giving the kids a bath tomorrow and having some clean clothes

-I think I’m ready for tomorrow I just need to make my to-do list.

-Kyler has been asking for thunder and lightning for the past few nights. It took me a bit to get it but now I realize he was talking about the thunder sound from the fireworks and the lightning was the fireworks! DUH

-there was a HUGE RV that moved in across the way a bit. We all laid on the boys beds and watched it move in. So cool!

-I swear I’m working on getting the photos up. Again any suggestions would be great! Right now we are working on getting about 2 to 3 up every time I’m on the computer

-oh and dang… have you looked at the weather lately! Tomorrow is a high of 28C then Thursday is a high of 30C. I’m so bringing the fans back here tomorrow!

-I realized what a WONDERFUL husband I have today. Or at least another reason he is wonderful! I am SUCH a slob when it comes to cooking on the stove top! I must have had to empty the camp stove out about 2 times from all the water overflowing :) My husband just cleans this up at home and doesn't say a word! Isn't he wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment