Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 1 Day 5 - Tuesday, May 19th - ZOO DAY!

As I’m typing this there is the *best* breeze coming through the windows. I hope everyone else is able to enjoy this wonderful weather as much as I am!

What a rough start to the morning. Around 4:30am I woke up to a thud and Kyler crying. When I ask him what happen I get a mix of “I fell out of bed” and “I bumped my head”. Maybe both? Needless to say he crawled into bed with me. After wrestling out the pillow from under him so I had something to sleep I on prayed to God that he would let Q sleep just a bit longer. He did but not long enough for me. At 5:30am Q started to fuss because he was in his own bed alone. So over he came and all 3 of us were in bed. It wasn’t that bad but dang… those boys can take up some serious room. We all fell back asleep until around 6:30am when the boys started to ‘fight’ with each other. Thus my normal response of “Go talk to Daddy” came out of my mouth. It took me a few seconds to realize there was no Daddy to save me today.

I managed to get both boys back into their own beds so I could get like 10 minutes of ‘rest’ time to function. It took a bit but I put on a movie and they sat on their own beds. I hung out in mine for a while. Once I started to get internet again I check the temperature and it was only 6C outside. A bit cold for me. Slowly but surely, it warmed up to around 9C at 8 or so and that is when we headed outside. I did manage to get Q into some clothes and Kyler into some boots and we went up to the bathrooms.

We didn’t get too far from the house when Q wanted to be held. I was watching him walk and he was limping again. I’m getting a bit worried at this point. We went up to the washrooms and back down again. When we got back Kyler helped me unlock everything and he went right to work finding bowls and Cheerio’s for the boys. I got them some milk to drink and made up my breakfast. While getting things going I make their bed, got clothes out for Kyler, found our shoes for the zoo, finished packing the zoo bag and got a few more odds and ends together.

After eating Kyler put their dishes away and we got everyone dressed and ready to go. Slowly but surely we got there. I think that is one of the many joys of camping. You can truly take your time. It’s wonderful! We got on the road at about 9:50am and I realized I had to return the router. Well didn’t that take F-O-R-E-V-E-R. If you ever rent a router from Rogers give it back when you aren’t in a hurry! After standing there and giving the rolling eyes effect, and my kids being holly terrors I finally gave up! I handed it to some guy and said “Please, just take this so I can go”. He told me I would have to sign something so he put the other person he was working on’s account on hold and scanned me in and had me sign the form. I was out of there in minutes! Totally not fair!

Off we headed to the Zoo, zoo, zoo, how about you, you, you? You can come too, too, too. We’re going to the zoo, zoo, zoo. Sorry… got away from myself there. We always sing that song on the way to the zoo. K was a bit confused because we normally only sing it on the highway and this time we were doing it on ‘normal’ roads.

We got to the zoo and since the Zoomobile was up and running off we went! Kyler was so happy to be on the Zoo train once again! We met up with Leah (Kyler’s Godmother) after a bit and had a blast. He was so happy to see her. It may not have showed at first but he was. I think his favourite part was that at lunch he got his fires before everyone else because Leah knew how to ‘use’ her students! She handed one some money and got him to buy fries for the boys. It was perfect. He also got a popsicle that matched every part of his clothes. That was another big spot for the day. He was talking about it the whole way home!

We got home around 2:30, 3pm or so. The Zoo is the perfect distance from the trailer. Q can fuss and fuss and fuss and he *just* falls asleep as we are coming into the campsite. Maybe that will be an advantage later this summer, when he is freaking out!

Right now the boys are sleeping and I’m just writing out part 1 of the blog. I did get a bit of my knitting into place but hey, at least it’s quiet. And cool, in the trailer. It is so hot out today that even with reapplying sunscreen at 2 hours I’m sure the boys got a burn.

On a random note… I did call the ped about Q’s foot and I’m going to bring him in tomorrow if he is still limping. In the mean time I was told to check for splinters or anything that might have gotten in his foot. Because there is no swelling or anything we aren’t 100% sure what is going on and Sally, the ped’s nurse, said to not worry about bugging them and to come in tomorrow if it is still being ‘favoured’. So we may be spending some time at the drs. At least we will get the piano moved in the morning. The girl who bought it is coming over at 7:30am to get it. I’m going to bring the boys over at 6:30am and start getting the laundry going and a bath so we can make use of our time there tonight.

I’ll post part 2 later today or tomorrow. Enjoy the video clips. I’ll be back later J

No comments:

Post a Comment