Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Week 1 Day 6 - Wednesday, May 20th - Our first visitors

It’s nap time again, and thank God for those small things he still allows my children to have/take.

Today has been a rough day for me. I’m not sure how to handle it all or process it but I think I’m just lacking in sleep. My plan once this post is written is to catch up on a bit of sleep.

My day started at 3am. This time it was not because of the kids but because of the noises I heard. I was *sure* someone/thing was outside our tent. But I couldn’t see anyone when I looked and there was no one around. Maybe someone was coming into camp late? It happens! It took me a while to go back to sleep and I managed to do a lot of praying during that time. Praying that the babies would stay asleep, that they would be good today, that the piano movers would come quickly, and that my day would, in general, go well.

I couldn’t take the noises anymore and around 6:25am I started to think out my morning. Another reason I don’t think I slept well was because when I have set an alarm I always think I’m going to sleep through it so I didn’t’ want that at all today! Helen, the woman who bought the piano, was coming at 7:30am to drop off the remaining balance so I wanted to be there on time.

By 6:50am I was getting the boys up. One by one I carried them into the van and we go our morning started. I thought we were doing rather well for the timing. I forgot it was the morning ‘rush hours’ for commuters and I didn’t think there would be that many people on the highway. We got home around 7:20am or so.

I started right away with emptying the car and parking on the road as the movers would use the driveway. I got the laundry started and the boys started with playing outside on the steps. It took 2 loads to do the towels and sheets, which wasn’t something I had accounted for! This meant that bath time was push back a bit. While we were waiting for the second load to get into the washer Kyler helped me scan some things on the computer. It was nice to have that extra hand.

Eventually, I did get the boys into the bath around 9:20am and they had a blast. While they were bathing I wiped down the walls in the halls, kitchen, and living room, as well as 2 walls in the pink room. I just have a few more to do and we are done. I got the boys out once I was sure they were good and cleaned and set them up on the air mat with a movie on the ‘little ‘puter’. I kept flipping the laundry to get things going. I did realize a few things. The next time we do this I have to remember to bring a change of clothes for everyone. The boys spent their time in their towels. At least for Q I had diapers but for K I had nothing. He was ‘free’ under that towel and sometimes… let the whole world see.

While waiting for the piano movers we did have some exciting things happen. The boys ran around having a blast in the house but aside from that Grandma D called. She wanted to check up on us so it was nice to visit with her for a bit. Also we were sitting outside and got to watch the neighbours chop down a tree! It was really cool! I was so impressed with how well it worked. As were the boys!

Finally around noon the piano movers came. It didn’t take them long at all to get it out. I was surprised that only 2 of them came but it sounds like they are either busy or their other truck broke. Hopefully it’s just busy! Needless to say they came with a different truck and the boys and I got to watch them move it all out the door.

After they were gone I quickly had a shower and changed into semi clean clothes and we booked it to the van to go out for lunch. I stopped to get some gas for the van and headed out. We got just about home when I realized I left the power cord at the house! We turned around and headed back. The whole time, Kyler and I were trying to keep Q awake for just a bit more.

We stopped at the ‘new’ McDonalds and got lunch for the boys. When we got home we found our next adventure! A frog! Kyler LOVED making it hop around. Quinton on the other hand hated it. Every time the frog would jump Q would have a panic attack. I set up their lunches at the table while they played and I got the trailer aired out and ready for our nap time.

This is when I got to meet/see our new visitors, or what was left. I went into our RT and this was the first time today. At first I figured I had the tissues to close to the edge last night and they fell off then I got closer and found out that the Raccoons got a bit to ‘friendly’ last night with our stuff. All the food was ok but the cereal. We leave it, or did leave it, on the table so the boys could get it in the morning but the raccoons ate ALL of DH’s Raison Bran and most of the boys Cheerios. Now we have no breakfast for the boys for tomorrow. I guess that’s ok since we have a drs appointment at 10:30 in the morning.

So while the boys ate I cleaned up the mess the best I could and then put the laundry on the line. I don’t think I like how it works now. Hopefully we can change it when Arnold gets home.
Well as usual the boys are ‘napping’. I know for sure that Quinton is but Kyler is whispering over there about something. I’m going to finish uploading a few photos then I’m going to take a short nap.

I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment