Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 1 Day 4 - Monday, May 18th

Week 1 Day 4 - Monday, May 18th part 1

YEAH! I’m finally up-to-date!

This morning we made plans for that last minute run of things we needed and wanted to bring out to the campsite. DH and I went home AS SOON as we could. We must have been out of the camp site by about 7:45am. My parents, again as wonderful as they are, took the boys as soon as they were up and out of the trailer. Arnold and I stopped at McDonalds and got breakfast and then booked it home. We loaded up the car with things like our double stroller, the zoo bag, the blanket we forgot, some food items, personal stuff, the red folder and information for DH’s trip, the kettle, and some more wood. We then loaded in the laundry basket (as I find I actually need it!) and the things for my parent’s house. They are SO great that they let us do that. We can bring our stuff out to the campsite and they bring it to their house for us. I’m so grateful we have parents like that.

We got everything in the car and were just bringing the last few things from the garage when I got to see how gross it was. My neighbours downstairs don’t realize that it actually takes ‘work’ to clean things up and take care of things. For some reason they feel that putting their garbage bag on top of the can will magically get it inside. Well they were in for a rude awakening! Some sort of animal got into the green bin (kind of like a compost bin) and made it SO dirty! Then they also got into the garbage bin and started pulling things out. Oh well. Just another reason why I’m grateful we don’t live there anymore.

Arnold and I managed to get home within an hour and a half. It was good to spend the morning with the kids. Along with the fact that my parents were packing up. When we got here we unpacked a few things from the van then Nana, Kyler and Arnold went for a bike ride. Quinton and I took a quick trip around the ‘block’ on his bike and came back so I could finish getting things organized. I brought the stuff from our van to my parents so they could get ready to go.
My parents worked on cleaning up their things (as in bringing the trash and recycle out, cleaning up the hoses and power, ect) while I did some more stuff on my side. I had my freak-out moment for the day. As some of you know when something that I see as ‘big’ happening I get VERY emotional. This was one of those days. See my parents, who had been here since Friday watching our kids and helping us set up, were leaving for home (mind you my mom is freaked out, so they are coming back in 11 days J ) and my husband is leaving on his first ever company business trip. I’m worried. Not only can I not contact him (unless on the internet) but we will be having our first time alone at the campsite. My parents have been here since the beginning and I’m just a bit scared. But hey! I can do it right? And I know that the kids will just think this is a normal camping trip and I will be the one worried.

Back to my freak-out moment. My parents have this great thing they use for their recycle. It’s a mesh laundry bag. Anyway I have about 2 of them, somewhere! A green one that is big and a white one that isn’t as big. Arnold was asking me where the recycle went and I couldn’t find the bag. Man after he left on a bike ride with the kids I must have tore the place apart looking for it and I can’t find it anywhere. I sat in my trailer crying about it for a few minutes. I had to calm myself down. It didn’t work very well and for the rest of the morning, in fact I know for the rest of the day, I’m going to be emotional.

Once I gave up on finding it I was a bit better. We got ready to say goodbye to my parents. I had a good cry while giving my mom a hug and she reminded me that there were only 11 more days until she came by again. She was so funny!

After Mom and Dad left, the boys and I played out in the yard for a while. By 11am we were getting hungry! Arnold and I started making lunch. We had cream of broccoli soup with crackers, buns, cheese, meat and ‘special pop’. It was a great lunch. I piled all the dishes into the container and I would do them later. Kyler announced he had to poop! And since Nana’s bus isn’t here anymore we had to book it up to the camps washrooms. Arnold and the boys went on the bike and I walked up. I brought some of our recycle stuff and made my way up there. I got there about the same time (and don’t worry mom and dad this was after locking up “Fort Visser” as Arnold calls it). Everyone went to the washroom and because it was so nice out Kyler wanted to play in the water so he and I did. We had a blast pushing the button and running around the circle!

Quinton and Arnold chose to stay dry and they went on the swings for a bit. Eventually K and I joined them. We made our time there by playing on the swings and trying out every toy they have. I will have to show you pictures (I don’t have any right now) but the playground isn’t that big. Aside from swings there are about 4 other ‘things’ to ride on as well as a slide. We eventually decided that after about a half hour to 45 minutes we were done there. The boys headed home on the bike and I walked. Wanna know the cool part? As I was walking down the hill I saw a camera man and some woman dressed really well for a campground. As I got closer I realized that it was CTV. They were filming something for the ‘post long weekend’ news. Well I just walked by laughing (I’m not sure if I said anything before but on Friday or Saturday City TV was here doing something and they took some shots of the boys in their rubber boots splashing in puddles). A bit later they drove by and backed up and asked if they could get a shot of the boys riding by the camera. They loved the bike and wanted it on their shot! Kyler, Arnold and Quinton suited up and went at it! They biked by the camera 2 times and had fun. (We made sure that this time they all had helmets on. When they were going to the washroom it was just the little boys). So our boys might be on TV! (They have no idea what TV is J )
After that we had a nap. As for our injury count so far: I think we are now at 1. Something is wrong with Q’s ankle. I’m not sure if he twisted it or something but he doesn’t want to put pressure on it but he isn’t fussing. Around the time we figure this out we thought maybe nap time might make it feel better. I have a few shots of the boys nap time. Even Daddy got involved this time. I took the time to go around and take shots of everything so far in the campsite so you get an idea. Once I have the photos up I will post them!

Enjoy your day! I’ll come back a bit later, maybe around bed time and post about the rest of it. DH just came back from getting ‘camp off’ and then he is going to head out in about 2 hours or so. Then our time alone starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment