Sunday, June 7, 2009

Week 4 Day 2 - June 6th - Daddy Day

We had a nice fun day. We spent time with Daddy and that is what weekends (esp the first weekend of the month) is all about!

We got up this morning (with no news of Raccoons, thank goodness) and had breakfast with Arnold. Waffels! It was so good! Then we all got started on our ‘goals’ for the day. Thankgoodness they were that hard to do! Arnold got the last ‘leg’ of the trailer painted and touched up the other one. The boys and I cleaned out the van. It was a good thing! Trust me!
Photobucket
*Quinton Dancing

After some possible showers and crappy weather passed us by I packed up the kids and went to Shell. We very wisely spent $3.00 in the Vaccume there and cleaned out the van the rest of the way. It surprises me how much junk and crap gets in the van and needs to be cleaned!

When we got back we found Daddy was cleaning out the RT. He opened up the back to let in some sunshine and air.
Photobucket

The boys played with their Daddy while I took a bit of a break and chilled on the hammock (we finally found the other hook that was missing, or I should say Daddy did).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The boys and I headed up to do some laundry after a bit. We did a load in the washer then back down to the campsite to hang it to dry!

Photobucket

We had a little glich in our laundry line plans as the post the laundry line is normally hooked up to was the one being painted! But the wonderful DH figured it out!

After a quick potty break the boys were off to it again (we are finally getting Q back on the potty. He is not liking it but I’m sure he will adjust).
Photobucket

The boys played pirates in my hammock:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then it was nap time (we did some grocery shopping in between and picked up some pizza!).

After the nap I managed to ‘forget’ my camera. That has to do with the fact that I was SO tired and so out of it! We did have a little campfire and got ready for the rain for this week. We put away all our toys and got to visit with some wonderful people.

We had a learning experience. I honestly wasn’t sure what to do. See we met up with this really nice couple. They have a truck with a trailer on the back of it. I’m not sure what it’s called but it’s really cool. The top pops up once you are where you want to go (I think the bed is up there. I was really impressed.
Anyway we met them after some ‘odd’ encounters. They have been here for a week and are so sweet. We saw them today on the walk to the potty’s when Kyler said to me “what happen to his arm?” It was so odd. He has a prostatic arm. The couple just kept walking but I always managed to run into them and sure enough as we were leaving the washrooms the husband of the couple was done the same time I was so we talked for a few moments. I apologized for Kyler but I wasn’t sure what to say. Anyway we got to visit with them and they were so sweet! They are from Manitoba and have been away from their house for almost a month now. They are doing great! They travel through the US and came, on the way here, through the Sulte and then came to TO. They have been doing this for 5 years now. They come for a week of Jay’s games. Then tomorrow they are heading to Sarnia (I should have sent stuff to my parents house) and are visiting some people there. Then home again to Manitoba. It’s pretty cool. They were so sweet and loved talking with the boys. Tonight they came over to borrow an axe and chop up some wood. When they leave tomorrow they said to stop by and pick up any leftover wood. They are so nice. It’s hard to meet people that you wish you could have met long before and been friends during their time here.

Anyway we are off to bed. The camp is full tonight and seems to be kind of loud but hopefully things will die down!

No comments:

Post a Comment