Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week 4 Day 7 - June 11th - Zoo time.

So our day sort of went as planned. We started out with them not getting up until about 8:30, almost 8:45am. We hung around for a bit. We got dressed and headed out to do some things. Since it was still a bit early we did our grocery shopping first.

We got everything we needed including some snacks for the zoo. We brought home the thing that needed to be packed up and we left. While we were getting groceries we also got our mail, not much in there. **I should note that I'm pretty sure the grocery store was happy we were gone. Q threw SUCH a fit that he even made me mad. I was surprised, but I guess that's what this 2 year old will do ** Once the cold stuff was in the fridge off we went again to see if we could find a case for my new phone and then off to the zoo. (BTW no luck on the case)

Wow was the zoo ever busy! I was shocked! We did see a funny sight. When we first go to the zoo we were walking up the path to the front gates and I saw a group of about 5 to 6 boys and 2 male leaders. They went over to the bushes by where the TTC picks you up and started to stand about a foot and a half apart. It wasn’t right away but I soon caught on that all of them were peeing! Oh. My. Gosh. I really wanted to take a photo of all these boys backs but I just couldn’t decide if it was an ‘ok’ thing to do.

We hit up the membership office and about $275.00 later we were done. We now have renewed our membership until June of 2010, renewed our parking pass just as long, got the cards laminated (an extra cost of 2.00 each but WELL worth it after the last cards) and a pack of 5 passes for $95.00 (which doesn’t sounds good but considering that will get in my parents, brother, sister and her husband for $95.00 instead of $140.00).

Then we were off to the zoo. Here’s our photos from there:

Photobucket


*Kyler in the car on the way to the zoo, well in the parking lot of the Rogers Plus store but going there next

Photobucket


*These next ones are singing ones… think: We’re going to the zoo zoo zoo
Photobucket


*how about you, you you, You can come Too, too, too
Photobucket


*We’re going to the zoo zoo zoo

Photobucket


*My “what they are wearing in case they get lost” photos

Photobucket


*Close up of K

Photobucket


*Q’s WTAWICTGL photo

Photobucket


*So true!

Photobucket


*Sitting in the egg shell

Photobucket


*eating lunch

Photobucket


*shakers! (a sugar packet)

Photobucket


*This one and the following 3 are the new exhibit for the polar bears when they return! It will be 4 times larger than their first one.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


*Any guesses?

Photobucket


*These next ones are from the GBR section in the Zoo. The boys LOVE the fishes!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


*Our normal “choo choo trip”
Photobucket


*We were on #3 this time.

Photobucket


*we don’t normally get to see them this close!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


*This is “Alice” according to Kyler and Quinton (think “Alice the camel has 3 humps Alice the camel has 3 humps, Alice the camel has 3 humps so go Alice Go!”)

Photobucket


*oh and this is all the buses! I wasn’t kidding, there were so many more when the other bus moved. I was surprised!


The boys are now home and napping, well Q is but not Kyler. I guess we will see how this afternoon goes if we have a campfire or not.

1 comment:

  1. Alice's camel...funny! I haven't sang that one with Wade yet. I sing all kinds of camp songs with him though!

    ReplyDelete