Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 4 Day 4 - June 8th - Soccer Practice

After the boys nap (which was until about when we had to leave) everyone seemed MUCH better. The boys got dressed and we headed off to soccer. Early mind you. I did everything in my power to stop them from leaving but once a 4 year old gets it in his head that he can go to soccer after his nap he means RIGHT after his nap!

We closed up the campsite and headed off. I took the long way and we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some stuff for Daddy’s suppers. Tomorrow I’m going to Auntie Kristina’s house and borrowing her stove. I’m making Arnold some more of his meals for work (Sheppard’s pie and lasagna) and then on Wednesday we are going to have dinner with Daddy at work and bringing in his meals for him. He needs about 7 meals a week (2 for soccer days and 1 for the other days) Hopefully this will tie him over for at least 2 more weeks.

Anyway we went to McDonalds for supper and met up with Auntie Kristina, Uncle Tim and E. We had a quick supper and then off to the soccer fields. Kyler just wore his soccer shoes as it was really cold (and sometimes raining) and I didn’t want him getting sick. I forgot our camp chairs again. I’m going to have to remember to bring them! K did great at practice (sorry no photos I was watching Q). They did dribbling, around the cones, passing and a small game. They liked everything along but Kyler is still having a hard time understanding that once he gets the ball from people (the opposite team) that he needs to kick it again. I’m hoping some YouTube videos might help. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know!

Daddy got there about half way through the practice and I could switch boys I was with. I tried explaining the above concept to Kyler but it wasn’t really working. Around 7:15pm or so we called it quits. One or 2 other players had to leave so we had something to drink and then headed out. It was a good practice!

Daddy drove home and once we got there the boys and I read a chapter from our book we are working on “The Accidental Detectives : The Mystery Tribe of Camp Blackeagle” and then the boys got their snacks and watched George. I sure am going to be sad once that movie goes back to the Library. We *might* try and get it again if we can!
We finally got them to sleep.
Then the thunder started!

No comments:

Post a Comment