Friday, May 29, 2009

Week 2 Day 7 - Thursday, May 28th - Running Around

Wow the end of week 2 already? How did it happen? Haha who am I kidding it was a crappy week.

This morning we had our wake up call from the Raccoon and the pots and pans made such a loud sound that I was *sure * it was the shelving unit with all the food on it. I was surprised it was only that. I’m really finding that these animals are mucking with my sleeping patterns and I’m not sure I can handle it much longer. It is truly like having a small baby again that only wakes up at 3 or 4am and makes noise for an hour, or an hour and a half!

I found out later this morning that the noise I heard outside the trailer was not only the stupid coon in the RT but also checking out around the trailer for more food. I even saw paw prints on a few of the boxes under our bed. I hate that thing so much!

Arnold didn’t wake me up on time this morning. Mainly because he had decided to take the GO Bus today; this was a good idea. The GO Bus is like the GO train. It is a faster way in and out of Toronto. For example Arnold’s bus he took this morning picked him up at the top of the hill and got right on the highway. It went to the Scarborough Town Centre and then out to York Mills Shopping Centre. Where there is a TTC stop. Arnold just biked from York Mills to his work (about 4km). It was much better for him than biking in the rain. He didn’t leave until about 7:30 or 7:40am and he was at work and at his desk by 8:45am. We are thinking we may pick up some more bus passes for the summer, just in case he might need them again.

http://gotransit.ca/public/en/station/bicycles/bicycles.htm

While Arnold was checking the information for the GO bus system I was putting together a ‘surprise’ that Nana and Papa got the boys. Well… lets be real, they bought it for me! After yesterdays hell with them in the morning and the rain and everything Mom figured I needed something to keep me going so they got us a Little Tikes Sand and Water Fun Factory! Here are some photos of it for now:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After Arnold left the boys and I had breakfast and we hung out in the trailer for a bit. Kyler and Quinton found out that I had finished their hot water bottle blankets yesterday and insisted on playing with them! The boys thought they looked great as hats.

Photobucket
Photobucket
That is until that familure sound of rain on the trailer stopped! Kyler was the first to notice it and he wanted to go outside and play. So the boys put on their boots and coats and off they went into the yard. They were so happy to be out there.

About a half hour later or so we went on our day to day stuff. After yesterday feeling like such a hell for me I wanted to get some stuff done. I laid out our day. 1st we got gas! I can’t believe it went up 2 Cents over night! 2nd we went to the house and got some things for the storage unit and anything else we could pick up. 3rd we went to the church to drop off some tables to Steve. 4th we paid our months’ rent at the storage unit and dropped off the things in the car. 5th we went to Shoppers Drug Mart and got our mail as well as some cheese for tonight’s supper and to replace the stuff that Raccoon ate! 6th and final stop, we went to McDonalds and got lunch and milkshakes. We came back to the campsite and I set the boys up with a new movie and a ‘picnic’ lunch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While they were eating I worked on getting the tarp over the trailer. IT took a bit but I did manage to do it, thank goodness! I just can’t handle the feeling of being wet all the time. I am really praying that weeks like this (with more than 2 days of rain) aren’t going to be a regular thing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Currently the boys are napping as we are getting the beginning of our rainfall. Our power went out about 20 minutes ago. I’m going to go and check the fuse soon and see if that is what it is or if it is something worse. Hopefully just a fuse flick and we will be good to go. It’s getting a little ‘wet’ feeling in here without the heater running!

Hey cool!!! A new HUGE RV came in. I’m really going to have to start learning the actual names of these things. They have their car attached to the back as well as they have 2 bikes. I’m sure Arnold will be excited to see that.

Ok off I go to brave the rain! Oh good, just a fuse flick and we are in business! I’m off to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment