Monday, May 25, 2009

Week 2 Day 4 - Monday, May 25th - More tents = More money

What a beautiful crisp day! Or at least our morning was. Do you remember camping when it’s so cold your nose is freezing, and that was the first thing you felt in the morning? That was this morning!

Arnold had a rough night. Around midnight or so Kyler started to cry, like really bad. We asked him what was wrong and he said he was thirsty, when we confirmed he was thirsty he said, no he was hungry. He wanted toast. Arnold said he could get him bread but not toast. Kyler said ok, so Arnold confirmed with him that it was ok and then went to get some bread. By the time he came in Kyler was knocked out! He didn’t wake up until this morning!

I woke up this morning to Quinton asking for Mommy. Turns out he started it when Arnold left to go and shower at 6am. The poor boy! Arnold had to get up for his first ride into work. He has been gone for an hour already. I’m a little nervous for him but I’m sure he will be fine. **ETA - he made it to work in 1 hour and 6 minutes (give or take a bit since it only counts when his wheels are moving) and he did 26.846 trailer to door of work and is feeling good! Average speed is 24.3 Kms/hour**

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was able to run to the washroom this morning before Arnold left so that gave me a bit of time alone. I really enjoyed it! I was thinking about how much I envy boys. As I was walking to the washroom this one kid comes out of the bushes and as I walked by I realized he was peeing on one of the big rocks in the woods. SO not fair that he can do that and not have to walk up those stairs!

When I got back to the tent Q was in bed with Arnold snuggling and Kyler was just starting to wake up. I got breakfast ready for the boy’s right after Arnold left. As they were munching on their Cheerios I made supper for tonight. Once again, I want to take some time to thank those people who gave me Crock Pot Recipes. We are having sour cream chicken with broccoli and rice tonight for supper.

Kyler is watching his movie, Jungle book, and Quinton is hanging out with me reading his books. We don’t have many plans today except for hanging out. Tomorrow and Wednesday, though we have some plans. I hope to get some running around done, and maybe even some zoo time! It will all depend on what the boys want to do!

Photobucket

Photobucket



Ahh nap time! I love this part of the day!

Let’s see after the movie the boys and I checked the weather and it was good enough to go outside to play! So while they played (in the van no less) I aired out their sheets.

Photobucket

I swear the place smelled like pee when I came in this morning so I wanted to make sure it wasn’t the boys’ sheets. I got to put them on our new laundry line! Arnold and I found our one that the Toronto Energy group gave out last summer or the summer before. You can put it out and bring it back in when you are done. It worked out perfectly!

Photobucket

Shortly after play time and me taking away our snack chips, the boys both came into the trailer to visit. Kyler asked for more to eat and this is how he showed up asking for it:

Photobucket

Quinton came in looking for his hat and as he had nothing else in his hands he gave me the option of calling his bowl his ‘hat’:

Photobucket

The boys spent the rest of the morning running around and playing outside. I managed to get the beds cleaned off, re-made and a few more things done, which is good because we have a babysitter coming tomorrow and I want to make sure that he has a clean area to hang out if it’s raining!

Right after lunch, as I put the boys to bed, someone from the Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation came by and told me I had to pay for the extra tent. He seemed surprised that we were here for the season ‘already’. I guess ‘normal’ people come by the end of the month or mid to end of June but not as early as we did.

Anyway here is my souvenir from going to the front office to pay for the extra tent!

Photobucket

I’m going to have a chat with the non napping boys and see if we can change that. Have a wonderful afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment