Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 2 Day 5 - Tuesday, May 26th - Daddy's Night

Sorry no update last night but I was gone until late.
I can tell you what I do remember from the afternoon.
The boys woke up around 3pm or so and wanted to go outside and play. It was getting ‘cool’ but not cold yet. We got everyone dressed and went for our bike ride up to the stairs to go potty. Everyone managed to find a stall that worked for them and go ‘pee’. Q just went between K and I and peeked under the stalls to see if he could see us.

Photobucket

When we came back Kyler wanted to bike longer but Quinton and I were struggling with getting control of the bike so I let K do his first ‘solo’ bike ride. He biked the ‘long’ way around to the trailer. I got a few photos but you can’t really see him so here is one when he came back to the trailer:

Photobucket

Kyler and Quinton went to running around the yard while I started to get supper stuff ready. They brought the skateboard and scooter over to their favourite spot. By this little tree in our campsite. They LOVE playing around it. I think it might be our ‘measuring stick’ to see how tall these little boys get this summer.

Photobucket

About 10 second after I took this photo I couldn’t find the boys. I was looking all over then I realized… they were in the trailer. I called for them and Kyler said they were ‘hanging out’. I got closer and found they had gotten into some chips! Here’s Kyler trying to distract me.

Photobucket

With this:

Photobucket
“Chase it mommy!”

If you remember me saying I make a mess of every stove top I really do. Here’s a photo of it from last nights meal mess:

Photobucket

While I was taking photos the boys started to come out of the trailer… without shoes on (and wearing their socks). Q was showing me his ‘shoes’. I guess we will have to work on the difference between shoes and socks!

Photobucket

Photobucket


I went into the trailer to get some stuff to get ready for my outing last night and I look out the window and Kyler is chasing the birds again (no surprise there) and he has something on a stick. I had him turn around and I realized he was trying to feed them a worm!

Photobucket

Anyway I left shortly after all this. Arnold had a long ride home due to the wind and I fed the boys while waiting for him. Arnold didn’t get home until around 6:45 or so. (We thought he would be home at 6) When I left it started to rain and all I can get from the boys last night is that they watched a movie with Daddy in the trailer and went to sleep without their lights working. Tough life hey?

I have to say when I got home I realized one of the ‘crappy’ things about camping. The rain. Arnold didn’t check anything to see if it was wet or anything so when I got into bed the whole edge of our bed was wet. I had water proofed the boys side but not ours yet. Obviously that’s something we are going to have to do soon. Aside from that it seemed to be a normal night…. Until……..

No comments:

Post a Comment