Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 2 Day 6 - Wednesday, May 27th - Morning Report!

This morning! Wow… what a morning! And NOT in a good way. Aside from finding out the leaks in the tent when I got home last night I was a little upset to find that nothing Arnold said would be done or worked on was done. So I was upset, maybe that’s why I slept so lightly!

3am was our first wake up call. There was a HUGE thud in the tent and Arnold went in to see what the deal was. I was a little worried but I’m glad he went out. They went right for the fridge and managed to get it open. I’m thinking it had a bit more to do with how things fell but they got it open and got into the cheese, hotdogs and something else. (Whatever it is it’s gone now but we don’t remember what it was) Yeah, that was the first. Then Arnold put a bungee cord on the door of the fridge and we waited to see how else it would go. Not much for a bit then another big bag. Arnold went to check it out again and they didn’t’ see to get into anything except knock some pop off the microwave. Ahh well. At least that was checked. Then the ‘fun’ started. There were some big fights outside. I found out this morning on my walk to the washroom that there are a LOT of Raccoons in this area and because it’s not real ‘camping season’ yet that the Coons are fighting over who gets what food that they can find (the little of it). Anyway there was a big fight and a lot of ‘calling’ then a bit later there was some more fights and calling and at one point I’m *sure* they hit the trailer (where we were sleeping). I was not impressed and a bit more scared than anything. Arnold kept telling me he can’t go outside and check on them all the time because it won’t help they will just come back a lot. So we waited it out. And I think the last time I heard them was around 4:45am. I’m so tired today!

Arnold got up at his normal time and took some photos of the damage they left behind. At least I can say we are getting some latches tonight for the fridge with locks. This sucks but if it will keep them out the better!

I got up late (ie 10 minutes later than normal) and hoofed it up to the washrooms while Arnold got the boys breakfast ready and their movie set up. I talked to one of the Toronto Parks people about the Raccoons and she gave me the information above. She also said that lots of people down from us (there are a few tents) are having MAJOR issues as well. Maybe that’s why we have become the 3am feeding place and not the 10pm place! I also asked if they might be able to put a door latch or something a bit lower on the boys door as our boys can’t reach it. I was telling her we had some almost accidents there so I wanted to see if she could do anything. She said she had never even thought about the little kids and would ask and see what they could do.

On my way back it started to drizzle a bit. And now.. It’s pouring! I hope Arnold got a good start before all this rain started for him. It says it should be like this all day! I’m totally not looking forward to that at all.

This morning I have 1 photo to tie you over until I get time, either at nap time or when we get home tonight.

This is the new juice boxes for the boys: *Maybe it explains their energy they have right now!*

Photobucket


I just checked the boys’ side for water leaking and it looks like the spray worked really well over there. Hopefully it will hold up for the next few days of rain! Our side…. On the other hand it still very wet. I’m going to see what I can do to keep it dry for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment