Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 3 Day 7 - Thursday, June 4th - Laundry Day

Yah!! 2 nights in a row and I *think* we are winning. Arnold did end up outside at 5am because a box fell over. Now if that’s because of the raccoons or not we will never know (it was up kinda high, and according to Arnold very shaky so who knows!).

We started this morning running late. How odd that we always seem to be late in such a nice, laid back, atmosphere. But such is life I guess. Arnold was a bit late getting up and in turn everyone was a bit late doing everything. I rushed to the washroom and back so he could be on his way and for some reason he kept forgetting everything.

Once Arnold was off I went through our ‘wear at least 2 to 3 times’ box and found the boys some ‘new’ clothes to wear today. Then it was off. Kyler started with getting our laundry bike stroller and filling it up with things I gave him; our laundry bag, more clothes from daddy, some soap and spray and wash, some drinks, snacks, camera, books, and money. He did a great job (and even included some balls in there for the boys at the playground).

Photobucket

We headed off around 8:30am and we got there at the perfect time! I got the laundry in the first load (towels and things that needed to go in the dryer) and then the boys were off to play. I was surprised that the washer only took a half hour and the dryer only 45 minutes… but that being said, Kristina, be ready to have me bring over some towels to dry. This dryer is good for clothes, not so good for towels!

Photobucket

Shortly after that they told me they were “way hungry” from coming *so* far and doing *so* much that morning so we had our snack of chips and juice.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Another woman came to do her laundry and stopped by to visit with the boys. She even brought her 2 little puppies up to see us when she came back to get her clothes and we visited with her for a while. The boys LOVED having puppies to walk.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I must say I’m surprised how many people sell their houses and just travel everywhere. She sold her house in NFL and drove here and is going to drive around some more this summer. It just surprises me I guess.

We got home and I hung up the laundry while the boys played around for a while. Like my artistic shots?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Q turned on the fan in the RT since it was SO hot in there. It was as if he had never seen a fan before!

Photobucket
Kyler, on the other hand had some different ideas and put the hose on the water spout all by himself (yes I’m in the trailer taking photos, it seems to be the only want to capture them doing cute things). K just about soaked his brother while ‘watering the tree’.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And after a short bike ride it was lunch time. We had our PB and chocolate sandwiches along with apples and PB. Now our new issue is the “Little Raccoons” (read: chipmunks) I’m not sure I like them. The kids were so impressed that they came so close to them during lunch and wanted to feed them. Now I’m fighting a new battle of no feeding the Chipmunks!

Photobucket

After some reading of our books from the library (I have to work on my reading voice) and cleaning up our hands and faces they are off to bed. I love this quiet!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I have a photo request. Maybe I missed this shot...but do you have a wide view shot of the whole campsite? I have this image in my head but I need to see the real thing!

    ReplyDelete