Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 3 Day 2 - Saturday, May 30th - Nana and Papa Day 1

This day went fast!

When we got up we packed some clean clothes, all our dirty clothes and went to the house. (Not before checking the RT to see if we had any visitors, nope! Nothing last night. Arnold said it felt like being dumped by an old girlfriend... what would he know about that?! I'm his first :) ) The boys had their last bath in the bath tub at our ‘house’ while I started some laundry and finished the last bit of cleanup in the rooms. Arnold took down our ‘emergency bed’ (an air mat and some sheets) and then got the boys out of the tub. We did some ‘clippin’, as Kyler calls it, and clipped their nails since they looked dirty even AFTER the tub! Once everyone was clean we went to CJ’s for breakfast.

It was kind of weird to go there again. I mean we used to go every single Saturday morning, now we go just about once a month, but for me it was sort of a bitter sweet moment. Almost to the day 2 years ago we went there for our first breakfast. Q was 3 months old! Wow time flies

Ok back to camping things…. After breakfast we went back to the campsite and started to clean out our trailer. It was finally nice out and we wanted to have some dry things again so everything went outside. It started with Kyler being put on Daddy’s shoulders and getting a pole I used to push the canvas up, off the trailer. He said he never wanted to do it again.

A short while later, and some playing around on the tarp laid out to dry, Nana and Papa showed up! They brought along Amber, my sister’s daughter who is about 1 month younger than K. The boys were really happy to see everyone! Almost as soon as they were set up at their campsite (71) Arnold and I left. We got home, flipped the laundry and kept cleaning up. We started with getting some of the things for other people’s houses done, and put away in our van so when they called we could leave ASAP. We got that stuff dropped off (Thanks again Kevin and Lori) and then we did our next house/deposit. We went out for lunch and then went to our friends who helped us move (Karin and Shawn) and dropped off some things they forgot out our house while helping us pack and move. Then it was off to get soccer pads for Kyler and back to the house. The whole time doing laundry and getting things cleaned out.

We made it back to the campsite (after getting some groceries, mail and a few other things) around 6pm or so. Nana and Papa had the kids all day and did wonderful! They were all so excited still to be playing with each other and chilling out! We had supper (Steak, potatoes and salad) and played outside. It started to look like rain so we quickly cleaned up some thing and the kids went to play in Nana's bus and I took a load of laundry up to the machines at the campsite. I had brought back a load of laundry I thought might dry but I forgot how late it was already. That's when the fun began!

I got up there with the laundry bag (I had already stuck some in just after supper and was going up to check on it at the half hour point) and it was done. I was surprised that it was finished already. I opened up the laundry and it wasn't even close to being done! I was so upset! I called Arnold and asked for another dollar from our bank and a chair, light and book since I was going to sit there until it was done. It was starting to get dark and then the wind picked up and there was this burst of storm. It was crazy wind, rain and a bunch of other stuff. Arnold biked up and brought the bike right into the laundry room since it was SO crazy outside! About 40 minutes later it was done and there was the most beautiful rainbow! I finished the laundry and walked back down just in time for Nana's Labtop to die. Thats when we figured it was time for our garbage run. We went for the run/walk and came home and put the kiddos to bed.

It was a ‘short’ day for Arnold and I, as compared to being with the kids all day long, but we got A LOT done. In fact by the end of the day we had finished up 3 loads of laundry, aired out the trailer, clean out the garage at the house and almost finished the kitchen and all the other rooms were done. It was good to have that much done!

I’ll post photos later from this weekend. Right now I’m just working on getting caught up as far as posting goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment