Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Late update - Week 3 Day 1 - afternoon update

Today’s nap time was a true fight! I think they had so much energy from the last few days that they needed to get out. I ended up putting Kyler out on a stool in hopes that Q would fall asleep on his own. I never worked, so I finally just opened the curtain and they knocked out as soon as they knew I was watching them!

After nap time we did a quick trip to Canadian Tire to get some more Water Proofing Spray. I worked on all the canvas of the trailer and it’s not done except the spots that the tarp is covering. I’m almost all done inside the trailer as well. I think that it might have to wait until Nana and Papa get here. I did Kyler’s side and realize how bad it stank and figured we should wait until they can sleep somewhere else incase the fumes are really bad still!

Once we got home we started a fire (after all that’s what I used today to bribe the kids, no nap = no fire). After working on the trailer for a bit Daddy came home. It really felt like a nice summer day. We all kind of hung out for a bit while Daddy got the supper table ready and I finished cleaning up a bit in the trailer.

Supper turned out REALLY well despite the fact that K had unplugged it earlier in the day. I added the carrots later and the potatoes even later (since I used canned potatoes they wouldn’t take too long to cook). Once supper was done we all took some time to hang out a bit. I got to have one of my favourite candles lit and knit some. The boys worked with Daddy on getting the fire started up again.

Oh and playing in a box! Why would they give toys without boxes that are just as fun?

It started to rain a bit while Arnold and I were doing dishes so we put up the umbrella around the picnic table and kept going but the boys wanted their umbrellas as well so they played with them for a bit.

We went on our nightly walk/bike to the washrooms to do our stuff there and bring the garbage and recycle with us. The sky started to let out some HUGE drops then but nothing too bad, they were just really big drops! Hopefully it doesn’t rain too too much. That waterproofing says to wait 12 hours before getting wet!
The fire was still going when we returned and we hung out there for a while eating chocolate covered cookies and marshmallows. This proved to add A LOT of energy for Q who then ran around with a chocolate covered grin most of the evening! Arnold took the boys for a walk around the campsite and back. I cleaned up the campsite and locked everything up. I also got a little container with some baby wash and a washcloth and warm water ready and once the boys got back we washed the boys faces, hands and feet and off to bed they went!

Have a wonderful night/day! Nana, Papa and Amber comes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment