Friday, June 26, 2009

Week 6 Day 4 - Monday. June 22nd - HOT HOT HOT!

… and thus began the week that felt like hell… aka REALLY HOT! HOT!! HOT!!!
Arnold was back to work after his accident. He took the Go Bus there so he didn’t have to make himself so sore right away. The boys and I started off the morning with some more of the special cereal and had so much fun getting the right kind and as always showing each other the food in their mouths (thanks again Nana)
As I’m sure you saw I got a bit more caught up on blogging and posting some photos. It took a bit but I promise to get caught up (and stay on top of things) soon.
The boys played outside all morning. We had a lot of fun running around and just chilling out.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I’m not sure if I shared these photos already but I’ll do it again, if I have:

Since we put up the ‘awning’ we had to move things around:

This is all now in front of the door, under the awning:
Photobucket

We had to move the gazebo over about 3 more feet from before (now if they ever cut the grass the mower will fit)
Photobucket

And we also moved the picnic table over to give us some more room:

Photobucket



We got to watch the changes in the campground. The strike started today and we were watching the new staff getting trained. I have to admit they seem to be doing a better job, then again it’s only day 1.
We made lunch and ate under the gazebo since it was so hot. When we were finishing up lunch a man came over and asked if we wanted some wood. Since this weekend was so wet no one really got to have a good time burning things, so he had a lot of wood left. We ended up with 4 boxes of wood! It was so nice of him!

The kids also got a special treat because they got to see some baby mice. I guess this guy did get through one box and when he went to put it in the trash he realized that there was a mouse in there! And that she had babies. They were so cute. The boys were so excited about it all day.

The boys were forced to have their nap. They didn’t want to but the threat of no soccer did the trick! We headed out a bit late since for some reason the boys actually slept the whole time! We went to McDonalds and had supper there (I think this is going to be our every Monday thing. For some reason Monday seems to be so much harder getting things together).
Soccer tonight had a ‘helper coach’. She was GREAT! Wow I was shocked how good she was with the kids. We got an e’mail saying that if we wanted some help for our team to e’mail the office and they would send someone out. I guess our coach did and we got this wonderful lady. I was very impressed. BUT still I have to say she seemed upset that the kids had to have a water break. Come on it was SO hot I’m not surprised they needed one.

We headed over to Reid’s Dairy after soccer for some milkshakes. I went in alone, and it’s a good thing I did. There was a HUGE lineup! I was surprised. I guess only 2 people were there on one of the hottest days of the year so far. The middle person for their shift didn’t show up. Who knows why but they were mad! While I spent 20 minutes in there Arnold got Kyler to change out of his soccer outfit into his normal clothes and shoes and back into his seat.

We managed to get home in time for a 9pm bedtime. With all the sweating and such from the day we did do a quick rinse off of the boys before they booked it off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment