Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week 5 Day 7 - Thursday, June 17th - The Accident

After my parents call last night we ended up getting up early and saying goodbye. I came out of the trailer around 6:45am or so and I was getting a little upset because my parents were leaving already without saying goodbye! Arnold informed me they were going to dump their water and come back. Plus he wouldn’t let them leave since they were giving him a ride to work.

Nana and Papa came back and said goodbye to the kiddos and got everything (ie Arnold and the bike) in their bus and they headed out! Arnold was really grateful for the ride because they were taking him to Yonge Street and the 401 and his ride would only be like 5km instead of 26km!

It was really really rainy. We ended up staying home and chilling out inside. The boys and I played games most of the day and I did a bit more cleaning/organizing with our house. I just felt like if it was organized more it would be a bit more ‘cleaner’. We were going to have the C&C to our house but with the weather the way it said it would be it was better to cancel it. So we did.

A friend of mine posted on a website I'm on that talked about how the Toronto Workers were going to go on strike. I clicked on the link and found out that the Workers Union also included the CAMP! This ment that if they did go on strike that all parks and grounds would be closed! I was so worried. It is only the 17th and we had *just* paid our permit to go until the 15th of July and we would lose that money, then we would also lose our place to live! I spent all afternoon calling different places and seeing if we could find a new place to live and then praying that nothing would happen here. I called newspapers, the Councilers office and a bunch of other Toronto companies to find out what would happen. I ended up spending the afternoon praying about what would happen.

Arnold and I chatted during the day and since our supper plans of hamburgers and such went out the window we decided that pasta with sauce and meatballs was a great dinner to have. Arnold had left work early to get home in time to hang out a bit with the crazy hyper boys! Shortly after Arnolds ride began I got this text:
I’m going to be late I’m at 41 division I am reporting that I got hit by a car. I am fine and so is the bike. My phone is dying though.
Talk about scaring the crap out of me! The boys and I jumped in the car and booked it to the 41 division station. I was freaked out! I ended up having a panic attack’ish thing in the car and I was calling my Mom and Dad in the USA. They prayed with me on the phone and calmed me down a bit. I was very careful but quick with my driving. We got to 41 division and Arnold was still filling out forms. We were so fast that all of us were in our pj’s and Q had no shoes on! We waited about 10 to 15 minutes and then we were on our way home. We got a copy of the form and figured out what to do next and left.

Here’s what Arnold says happen for the accident:

He was in the HOV lane (High Occupancy Vehicle) and a car moved into it without making a shoulder check and hit Arnold. He skidded off his bike and hurt his bike and himself. The guy stopped and checked on Arnold. He asked if Arnold wanted to call the police but Arnold said he was fine. Instead they pulled off the road and made sure everything was ok. Arnold asked for his insurance information but the guy didn’t give it to him. He did give Arnold $50.00 for the bike shorts we *just* got the other day that are now ripped! And Arnold took down his plate number.

When Arnold got to the police station we found out that the car was registered to a company! That’s why we figure he didn’t want to give the insurance information! We were also told by the police that the next time that Arnold gets hit by a car (we are hoping there isn’t a next time but you never know) and there are *any* injuries at all he is to call the police at once!

After a lot of hugs and kisses and making sure he *seemed* to be ok I took him home. We did first stop at the pizza store and picked up some supper and headed home. I did stop at the front gate to talk to whoever was working. We found out that if the Toronto Workers did go on strike we would be able to stay. The managers, who aren't part of the union, would run the camp grounds. After that we went to the campsite and hung out and didn’t do much. I got some more cleaning done and relaxed. Arnold didn’t want to be far from the boys so he took K for a walk. They got some photos with the camera. Then it was my turn to take photos of the injuries and the bike. It was SO hard to handle him! Mainly because he kept saying he was fine. I knew it was a lot of adrenalin but it was hard. I made him e’mail his boss and let him know. Then we headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment