Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week 6 Day 2 - Saturday, June 20th - Mall time!

We woke up this morning to rain.. again. So Arnold and I spent about 1 hour figuring out what to do with the day. The kids got some cereal for breakfast and I kept checking things out. I was able to find a few things to do (and a million other websites for nice days). We ended up just going to the mall. We checked out the Pickering Town Centre. It was really cool. A lot of stores I didn’t think they would have, and yet they are missing some stores to make it ‘complete’.

The boys and I all got there and I got the stroller out of the back of the van. Arnold loaded up the kids and booked it into the mall while I finished closing it up. There was so much rain! We got inside and started to check out what kind of stores they had and reminding ourselves of what we *needed* compaired to what we *wanted*. There was a Children’s Place, Please Mum and a Gap Kids. All were having sales! It was so hard to not go into them. In fact I told Arnold to not let me into them!!

We were walking around and checking out things and we got some good treats:


The boys found some Popcorn for their snack (after our lunch in the food court)
Photobucket



I got a snack of chocolate covered strawberries. Wow were they good but $$$
Photobucket



I also found a book that my friend has that I love. The new version was released last year and we found it at Mastermind!
Photobucket




Then we came home for nap time. The boys took one just fine and Arnold picked up some of our wet clothes for last night at Auntie Kristina’s house and went upstairs to the dryer to get them dryed out before we got mould on them.

While he was up there I did some work in the trailer and caught up a *bit* on napping. When Arnold got back we went to work getting things a bit more organized and ‘usable’ in the rain! We put the tarp over our trailer, but not the same way as before. This time we put it pointing out! We gained an awning! We put the BBQ and the table under the tarp so we could do supper without rain. Then Arnold and I moved the picnic table under the Gazebo and I wiped it off the best I could and finally got to use my whole set of tablecloth and bench covers! It was exciting for me, sad I know!

Once the boys got up we headed out to the grocery store and got some food for supper that night and some for the next. We had seasoned pork, sliced potatoes and cream corn for supper. It was really good.

After supper we did a quick walk to the washrooms then back home to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment