Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week 10 Day 7 - Thursday, July 23rd - Passing of the Keys

Lets see, today it was gross! It was raining pretty bad when we got up in the morning but hey, sometimes it will stop or go away! But not this time. Lori called me around 8am, since we had Zoo plans, and we talked about it and cancelled them. I was going to try and still go (since I needed to get out of the trailer) but not working right now. The boys and I played around until about 10am. I facebook’ed Lori and suggested we go to Scarborough Town Centre, or even IKEA to get out. We both figured IKEA was better option, and cheaper lunch! So off we went. We figured around 11am would be a good time to meet.

The boys and I got dressed quickly and headed off to the post office. We had to cancel our mail forwarding and move our mail forwarding to our new address and it took a while to figure that one out. Then we headed out and started our way to IKEA. By then the rain was getting worse so I figured it might be safer to stay off the highway. We took Sheppard all the way to the store and I guess other people had the same idea. We were really late by then, but it was ok since Lori and the boys were as well.

We headed up to the main show floor if IKEA and wondered and dreamed. Isn’t that always how it is at IKEA? I took a photo of a bed I think I want and that was useful. Costly bed, but it would be useful in the new house. I guess it will have to way for a few pays. We also checked out a new desk, no photos of that one, since I’m going to need a new one in the basement in the scrapbooking room!

When we finished the main floor we headed over for some lunch and then back down to finish the store. All in all it was about 2 hours but well worth it. We headed home and Q fell asleep in the car and I managed to convince K he needed to sleep as well. So once we got them both into their beds, and had their vitimans they were out. I did some more organizing and packing up the van to go to my parents house. It worked out rather well, or at least I think so.

I went to check on supper (roast) and it was falling apart (all the better). I got everything ready to set the table and slowly did some things. Auntie Kristina, Uncle Tim and E were coming over. They are so sweet to be watching our trailer for the weekend (even if it’s raining). We went through all the things they need to know about the trailer and what kinds of things they should be aware of. We gave them our car pass (since the people at the gate know us) and the keys and they left around 8:30 or so. Arnold and the boys and I cleaned up a bit and watched a veggie movie. We had fun. Then off to bed they went. It’s hard to believe that this is Kylers last night at the trailer! Oh well, he won’t know the difference. When he gets home I plan on having his room done, the house generally ready and it will be more exciting for him, I hope!

Off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment