Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 8 Day 3 - Sunday, July 5th - Church and Computers!

Sunday July 5th
We got up this morning and had a nice relaxed breakfast. Arnold and I talked a lot about the house we saw the night before and decided it was the one we wanted. We did have a few more places lined up and checked out more places online to see what we could find.

We headed out to church kind of early since Arnold had to do sound at church. I went downstairs and sat with the boys in the nursery and read a book. During church Arnold did sound upstairs and I sat downstairs with some friends of ours for church.

After church we went to Wal-Mart and got some oven roasted chicken and wraps and a few other things and brought them with us to Kristina’s house.

When Arnold got the computer from the shop on Friday he also had them give him the old hard drive so he could try and get the photos off of it, heck everything off of it. I had backed up on the 15th of June but I normally do it on the 1st and the 15th and since it was a few days before the 15th it didn’t work so well. (Note to self maybe look into getting something that will automatically back it up)

So we went to Kristina’s house and Arnold and Tim tried to use the new toy Tim has to get the information off the hard drive. Kristina and I got lunch ready for the kids and adults. We fed the kids while the boys played with the hard drive.

We hung out there and did another load of laundry (the stuff from the line that was wet) and eventually called it quits with my old hard drive. I lost all my photos from those days. That is so hard to totally understand. I’m very sad about it but I guess it’s my own fault. I have to remember that I need to update more I guess.

We brought the boys home late and they had a bit of a nap in the car while Arnold and I did some organizing of our stuff. We needed to get things a bit more moved around so we could fit more in the trailer, that and deal with the rest of the waterproofing.

We took a bit of a break and watched the van while the boys were sleeping and checked out some new house listing and talked a lot more about the house we saw. After we left Kristina’s house we did drive by it and want to check it out, or at least peak in the windows but when we got there someone else was looking at it with him. Decided that this was the house we wanted. Arnold called the agent and asked what happen next to make sure we could rent it. He told Arnold what he needed and we went to work getting everything (a credit rating and a letter of employment from Arnold’s work).

We had an early supper and then Arnold went off to the church again. He was doing the sound for the Wall service. I stayed out watching the boys and reading a book I got from the library (Karen Kingsbury is a GREAT Christian author, I recommend her to anyone). While I was reading I let Kyler go around the circle with a ‘friend’ (aka another child camper from another site). They did ok a few times then I realized it was taking a bit longer to come back to me. I was looking around and I couldn’t seem him. I called and called and called and no answer. I could see his ‘friend’s’ site from ours and I looked to see if her parents were worried but they didn’t seem to care. I started to freak out a bit more. Q and I went running through the park to find him and just as we past the dumpsters by the turn to our road he came down. I sent him right back to the trailer to sit there and wait until I got back. It turns out that he was following his friend to the bathrooms to go pee. We had to have a LONG talk about what is ok to do without telling mommy and what is not ok to do. This was on the NOT ok to do list. I eventually let him go back and play (after a 10 minute time out) and he listened this time. The little girl had to go back home and have supper so Kyler and Quinton started to have races up and down our road.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



After their last race Kyler went across the road and got some left over wood from another campsite. He wanted to do our normal pick up but Daddy wasn’t there to do it with him. Isn’t he cute?

Photobucket


Photobucket



After we cleaned up all our toys and such we went inside and watched a new movie we got from the church Library (we have yet to ‘rent’ a movie and pay for it this summer). We had some snacks on the bed and chilled out.
Photobucket


Photobucket



I stayed up until Arnold got home from doing sound (close to 11pm) reading my book. I finished a book and a half on Sunday. They are really so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment