Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 7 Day 7 - Thursday, July 2nd - Running around

We spent most of this day getting randomness done! Over the whole day we managed to:

1 - Bring some mail to Arnold during his commute (in order to get the metro pass again he had to bring in something that had his new sticker on it for mailing purposes). We had everything laying out the night before but he totally forgot to bring it with him. So I got the boys up super early and headed out to meet Arnold with the mail. We met up at Victoria Park and Eglinton. The boys gave him the mail and we were off again.

2 - We brought the computer to the shop. We got there just as they were opening and really stressed to the guy that we needed the computer ASAP since it is my 'company machine'. Now there is NO lying there. It is my company machine, BUT my company isn't using it that much this summer. Oh well. By the end of the day there was someone working on it so that made me feel good.

3 - We drove to the zoo right after dropping it off. We made it in some seriously good time as well, all things considered I got lost! I know I know I go every week and I got lost! I figured I would save the time of going south then back up north so I just kept going and thought I would eventually find the normal road. No matter how much Arnold told me to get off one road earlier I figured it was just a bunch of houses I could totally do it! Nope not at all. I ended up on the phone getting directions with Arnold. Thankgoodness we found out some good news and his new phone had come in earlier that morning. He at least had a secure phone that wouldn't cut out on him at all. After about 5 minutes of driving around we got there! There were no buses today so we got to park in our normal summer spot.

We went to the gate and I had to use my renewal pass information since I didnt' have my new pass yet. We did a few random things around the zoo then stopped for an early lunch. The boys got stuff from Harveys and I got something from the 'food on the go' group beside them, I was thinking healthy lunch... it was SOOO Gross. Next time not ordering from there! We had lunch and wondered around a bit more and took the train again (we did it as soon as we got there as well). All in all a good morning. I think the reason it wasn't as busy as we thought was because the weather was not good. We did have fun thought

4 - Went right home after the zoo and the boys gave me a few moments of peace as they were sleeping in the van. It worked out to the best, Thank you God, because the water had found a way into the trailer and soaked everything where the bed would have been. It was all over the wood flooring. It had soaked the clothes that were there, any towels and such. But the worst of all was a cardboard box. The box was not a big deal but what was inside and beside was the kicker. Every single book we had at the campsite (including some of the books that were from the Church Library) as well as all our DVDs. Everything was soaked. I spent the next hour bringing it all into the RT (which was really wet as well) and putting them on the table and turning the fan on. Even today( almost a week later) some of them are still wet and have mould. They will have to be thrown out. What I couldn't understand is why things were wet in the RT. I was really surprised. Then looking at the grass I figured it out.

There is a 'forest' behind us that is on a slant. Somehow the water came rushing down it (there must have been some serious rain while we were at the zoo) and went right down any path it had. It turns out that the path of least resistance is right into our campsite. It went from the back of the lot, past the fire pit, throught the middle into a low spot then up infront of the trailer and RT and right down the little slant the RT is on and out into a HUGE puddle in the next site over. It was bad. Arnold had talked to someone who was here during it all and he said there was about 6 to 7 inches of water going through his site as well. Anything under the 6 to 7 inches is wet, like SOAKING wet in our RT.

The boys and I spent the next little bit doing some laundry. Once they woke up. I did some more work around the site cleaning up and dealing with the water and it looked alot better by the time Arnold got home from work.

5 - When Arnold got home we dealt with everything from the day and just chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment