Saturday, June 20, 2009

Week 5 Day 5 - Tuesday, June 16th - Nana and Papa arrive

PHOTOS TO COME LATER ***I still have to upload them from the Zen so it will be a bit but I promise to post them later***

Since I am a bit behind I can tell you these last few days may not really make much sense, or have much grounding but I figured I should post them anyway.

Today my camera got a bit of a break. Our day started out with Daddy heading off to work a bit early and us chilling out. I cleaned/organized a bit and got ready for Trevor, the babysitter, to come and watch Kyler. Trevor showed up *just* at 10am and off Q and I went. Q was so upset about having to leave Trevor. They have a blast all the time. Q and I went to his Speech Therapy. It was cool. (more on that in the next post)

Once we were done Quinton and I headed off to Arnold’s work. We dropped off the meals I made Arnold the night before and took Arnold out for lunch. It was nice to get a few minutes alone. We even made use of what we learned in Tim’s with timbits! After saying goodbye we headed home. I did get a few second to stop and pick up some things we needed for supper at the store. When we got home Trevor and Kyler were watching a movie after a long bike ride. They had a lot of fun.

Once Trevor headed up to meet his mom for a ride home I put the boys down for a nap. I bribed them (yes you read that right) with telling them if they had a big sleep Nana and Papa would come. I didn’t lie I just couldn’t make it ‘unhappen’.

My parents arrived around 5pm I think. It was a lot longer than I thought but they said the highway was just crazy! They got here and started to get situated. I had to laugh because Dad had some serious issues getting the back wheel on the wood to make it level. Mom and I finally decided to give him his Father’s Day gift early. It’s these Lynx blocks. Kyler thinks they are big lego’s; which really, they look like it. Dad got a set of 8 or 10 I think and used those to help with their RV. It worked perfectly! I’m glad he is getting good use out of them!

We chilled out for a bit while I waited for Arnold to get home. He was running a bit late but it worked ok for us. We just hung out. I got supper ready about when he was getting home. We had Sour Cream chicken with rice and broccoli. It was really good. After supper Mom and I did dishes and headed out on a walk while Arnold and my Dad checked the van. I’m having issues with it and the AC so they check and I guess it’s working just not as ‘fast’ and as ‘cold’ as I want it. Oh well.

Once we had done our walk we started a fire! The kids were in heaven! They watched the fire for a bit and we did one last run up to the washrooms and back down again. It was time for bed but Nana made them go to her tent and get their faces washed. Silly us for not washing them.

We all headed off to bed about the same time. It worked out rather well actually. We were so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment