Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 5 Day 4 - Monday, June 15th - Swimming and phone issues

This morning, as you can tell, the boys gave me a bit of extra time. I managed to get the blog generally updated, or at least ready to be updated, and even some photos done! They played with their new lizards from the OSC.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



We headed outside to play in the hot sun for a bit; after finding our lizards (again), hats and new clothes. Aren’t the boys cute?

Photobucket


Photobucket



The boys spent the rest of the morning working on bubbles, playing with new toys and playing on the swing. Between these few we are set for a bit!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Then the boys thought that in order to get the birds closer they should make a nest.

Attempt number one:

Photobucket


Photobucket



Then we talked a bit about why birds nests are the way they are . So we tried again and got this one:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The boys really liked it and made a few more examples of it during the morning.


We also got to find a dragonfly! Very lucky!
Photobucket









Last light we packed up all the dishes from the party and put them in the car so today it was my job to wash them all. That took a good few hours. I fed the boys lunch and washed the dishes and set them out to dry.

I put the boys down for a nap, which surprisingly they went down quickly and then I got ready for our evening plans. Our Soccer Coach called yesterday and said no practice today so we went to Auntie Kristina and Uncle Tim’s house. I made a grocery list for the day and cleaned up the garbage and recycling and got them in the car. Once the boys got up we headed out.

We stopped at the grocery store and got the things we needed to make Chicken pot Pie for Arnold and I realized that I didn’t have any containers to put them in. It was a long day to say the least. We headed over to their house anyway. We also started to see issues with my phone…. Wouldn’t you know it! I can receive calls (not very well) but I can’t make calls. Not true, I can make them but I can’t hear the other person unless my phone is on speaker. I hate this phone sometimes.. heck all the time right now.

We got into the parking lot and Arnold pulled up so we all headed upstairs at the same time. We ordered pizza for supper and Kristina and I started cooking the meal for Arnold (and E). Once we all had supper the Daddies and kiddos went for a swim in the pool. Kristina and I finished cooking the meals and we packed it all up. It worked out rather well. After we finished up some laundry the boys and I headed out. I’m so grateful for friends like them. It’s wonderful to have a place I can go to feed Arnold (well cook him meals).

Once we got home I put the boys to bed and Arnold Raccoon-proofed the place. Then it was off to bed!

Oh yeah… and as far as the phone goes “these things have happened and I guess your phone is doing it” was the response from Rogers. ANNOINING! So they are sending me a new phone, free of charge, I hope so! If this happens again I’m getting a different brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment